1. All on-going payments are processed by pre-authorized credit cards or debit cards on the 28th of the previous month. Specialty workshops are charged in full at the time of enrollment and are non-refundable. Rates are determined based on program enrolled. Tuition is never prorated for missed lessons. Tuition does not include any retail teaching material such as books, instruments, uniforms etc.
CANCELLATIONS AND MAKEUPS
2. For any lessons or classes missed by a teacher, the Academy will attempt to provide a guest teacher. If a guest teacher is unavailable, a private makeup lessons or additional class with the teacher will be scheduled promptly. For any lesson missed by a student, students can sign up for group make-up classes. To sign up for a make up class, contact the office and not the instructor for a date and time. If you miss a lesson in your home, you must come to our location for your group make up lesson. Group classes and specialty workshops are not made up unless otherwise indicated. (Please contact our office if you want to find out details about a specific specialty workshop policy.)
DISCONTINUING LESSONS AND/OR CLASSES (SPECIALITY WORKSHOPS EXEMPTED)
3. To discontinue lessons and/or ongoing classes and to discontinue charges to your account, fill out the withdrawal form before the 15th of your last month. We do not prorate tuition for the last month's lessons and/or classes. Students will be responsible for their last month's tuition whether or not they attend lessons and/or classes.
THREE, FOUR OR FIVE LESSONS OR CLASSES PER MONTH
4. We are closed on Memorial day, July 4th, Labor day, Thanksgiving day and between December 23 to January 2. If your lesson falls on one of these days, you will not be charged. All other weeks will be charged. Ongoing classes average out to 4 per month with a flat monthly rate.
5. PRA operates year round and does not close for the summer. We are happy to offer unlimited makeups for our students, and they are held on various Sundays. If you are taking a month off for vacation and want to resume the next month, your payment is still due on the 28th of the previous month to reserve your lesson or class space. The lessons or class for the month you miss can be made up when you return from vacation.
CARE OF STUDENTS
6. The school is not responsible for providing before or after care for students. Parents with children under the age of eight must remain in the school lobby during the classes. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time periods before or after their lessons.
7. Parents with children who are not enrolled in first grade are allowed to sit in on lessons. If you are having lessons for your child in your home, an adult from your family must be present on the premise to supervise all lessons.
8. Parents, legal guardians of minors, students and adult students waive the right to any legal action against PopRock Academy Inc., Staff, Paul Kwo and Affiliates for any injury sustained on school property resulting from normal lesson or class activity or any other activity conducted by the students or their siblings before, during, or after lesson time, including hearing loss or hearing damage. Student agree to hold Poprock Academy Inc. harmless of all claims, losses, expenses that may be accessed to Poprock Academy Inc. that is a result from the act of all non-Poprock Academy staff and faculty.
9. Children must wait for their parents to pick them up inside the Academy. Please do not ask them to meet you elsewhere. PopRock Academy assumes no responsibility for children who leave unaccompanied.
*On the electronic payment authorization form, sign that you have read, understand and agree to abide by these policies.
**Please check our website poprockacademy.com/about-us/studio-policies for policies relating to expectation of student behavior.
***The presences of industry professionals are straightly for educational purposes only. No guarantee or implication of work is made.
The following are our general expectations from our students aside from our studio procedure policies that is provided to every student at the time of registration. If you require an additional copy of the procedures, please come into our office to pick up a hard copy. We do not email our procedures. If any of the following are breached, PopRock Academy has the right to terminate the service to the client temporarily or permanently.
● A: HOUSEKEEPING:
1. No weapons or firearms of any kind.
2. No drugs. (Prescription medication allowed if accompanied by doctor's.)
3. Students are expected to come to lesson and/or class with a positive learning attitude. Students must give their instructors, all our staff members as well as each other their utmost respect.
4. No food or drinks in any classroom. Only water in a secured bottle is allowed.
5. Clothing: No dirty street shoes are allowed on the dance floor. No inappropriate clothing (No gang related clothing. No extremely short shorts. No bare midriff).
6. Students are responsible for repairs of anything they damage.
7. Absolutely no smoking allowed. Pets are not allowed because of possible allergies students have as we have many vocalist training at our institution. We also reserve the right to refuse a student's attendance if an excessive amount of perfume, cologne or other scent is used and is having an adverse effect on other students, faculty or staff.
● B: ETIQUETTE & BEHAVIOR:
1. No swearing, bullying or physical violence of any kind.
2. No sharing of music with explicit content to minors.
3. No running in the classrooms.
4. Any recording of lesson or class are subject to approval by the instructor.
5. Please keep your voice at a low level while on the premise of the studio.
● C: CONFLICT AND RESOLUTION:
1. Students are responsible for all the physical property at PopRock Academy. If a student damages any property belonging to PopRock Academy and/or our affiliates, students or parents/legal guardians of students under the age of 18 are fully responsible for the cost of the damage.
2. We understand that from time to time there may be issues a student may have with their instructor. If it's something that doesn't seem to be able to resolve itself, we ask that students (or their parents) to resolve these issues through notifying our office privately rather than confronting the instructors directly. We also ask the instructors to do the same to avoid any potential miscommunication. This is to ensure that we prevent creating a hostile teaching environment that would be detrimental to the student's education.
3. Indemnification: Student agree to hold Poprock Academy Inc. harmless of all claims, losses, expenses that may be accessed to Poprock Academy Inc. that is a result from the act of all non-Poprock Academy staff and faculty.
4. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone. We reserve the right to change this policy.
● D: DISCLOSURE
1. PopRock Academy offers classes, lessons and workshops only. We are a training facility. All classes and lessons offered are for training purposes. We do not guarantee work of any kind in the performing arts.
2. The presences of any industry professionals are straightly for educational purposes only. No guarantee or implication of work is made.
3. Last updated January 30, 2014.